Pragmatic is a Brighton-based web agency specialising in WordPress that’s transforming the way that companies operate online, across the nation and around the world.
We’re now one of the UK’s biggest non-distributed WordPress agencies. Cool!
We’re Pragmatic by name, pragmatic by nature. Your website needs to reflect your business objectives and priorities – every page and feature must justify its existence and cost.
A good website is never finished. Our WordPress specialists build for iteration and put value on maintaining flexibility and agility; leveraging the power of the WordPress ecosystem for your benefit.
Corporate Social Responsibility
As Pragmatic has grown over the past 5 years, we remain absolutely committed to giving back at grass roots level, sharing our WordPress and digital expertise.
We offer our services at a discounted rate for charity and nonprofit initiatives, examples of which include, Hearing Link, Join In and Internet Matters. Further to this we offer consultation for small (and often local) business – whether that be formally, or more informally through speaking and collaborating at community events.
We work in partnership with BDMA, a Brighton based education initiative. As a company we get out into schools to teach classes, offering follow up and ongoing support for work-experience pupils and apprentices.
We’re committed to the WordPress community and are always on the lookout for new opportunities in Brighton and further afield to teach, inspire and mentor within WordPress and web development.
Our team’s passion extends to giving back to the WordPress community through knowledge sharing and have presented talks in the UK, Spain, Norway and the USA about running a WordPress business, WordPress theming, development and freelancing.
Our team has presented the following talks at industry events:
David Lockie, Founder & Director:
- Becoming A Successful WordPress Freelancer at WordSesh 2013
- 10 Ways That WordPressers Can Make The World A Better Place at WordCamp London on 23rd-24th November 2013
- Discovery & Definition: The key to a successful WooCommerce project at WooConf in Austin Texas on 6th-8th April 2016
- Panellist on the Recruiting for Your Business Panel at WordCamp London on 8th-10th April 2016
- WowCommerce: An eCommerce Survive and Thrive Guide in London on Tuesday 21st June 2016
- The Discovery & Definition Approach to Project Planning at WordCamp Europe on 24-26th June 2016
Juan Javier Moreno, WordPress Developer:
- WordCamp Bilbao in Northern Spain on 11th June 2016
James Morrison, Senior WordPress Developer:
- Lessons learned using WordPress Multisite at WordCamp Brighton on 23rd July 2016 and WordCamp Manchester on 22nd October 2016
Tom Still, Team Leader:
- UX & Creative Workflow in a WordPress Agency at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016
- Personalisation in Mobile eCommerce at WowCommerce: The rise & rise of mobile eCommerce on 18th October 2016
Tom Chute, Team Leader:
- Happy Teams at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016
Phil Ward, WordPress Developer:
- How to Get a Job in Digital at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016
Angelo Giovino, Head of Sales:
- How to Propel your Organisation Online with a WordPress Website on 20th April 2016 and the Shoreham FC Networking event and at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016